Friday 23 September 2016

Multiplication Wall of Fame

When I got home last night and began correcting the students multiplication facts I realized I never mentioned the goal I set for them regarding their multiplication facts.  I have in my room what is called the Multiplication Wall of Fame.  The students are aiming to correctly answer 40 multiplication facts in one minute.  If they do this, their name gets added to the wall and they no longer have to participate in Mad Minutes.  We practice our multiplication facts daily, at the beginning of each Math class.  Students have little booklets and answer as many as they can in one minute.  The goal of 40 is something we are aiming for by the end of the year.  If they are consistently answering at least ten in one minute by the end of this month, they are in a good spot.  If not, please take the time to practice their facts with them.  Knowing their multiplications facts  will help them in almost all areas of math.  

Thank you for your support and it was great getting to meet so many of you last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment